Today’s post is showcasing another of my recent final designs…which is actually very apt as today was the day where we were given the feedback for our first module’s work at the University. I can hardly still believe I am even on the course…let alone one module done and dusted. I really am so, so greatful and thankful everyday, that I am have been given this am.az.ing opportunity to experiment and develop my creativity. It has completely turned my life around…but so seemlessly and positivly.
It was obviously just meant to be.
In the few weeks I have been there, I already feel so much more alive, inspired and well-informed as a designer. To receive kind words and feedback from designers of whom I respect and admire, such as, “excellent body of work……… delicious with beautiful colour and varied surface texture….” is really just the icing on the cake.
I was lucky enough to have been able to join the January ‘Anything Goes’ ATC Swap over at UKScrappers and recently received my swaps back in the post! The idea behind this swap was that you created five Artist Trading Cards which you sent to the host who then distributed five others back to you. This was my first ever swap and I was so excited when the little envelope arrived containing my swaps. They were all so gorgeous and you could tell each one had been given a lot of love and care in its creation. A huge thankyou to the girls that joined in the fun. Here is some pictures of the ATC’s I created for this swap…I hope they all arrived safely to their new homes 🙂
Firstly I started by creating a large background sheet, which was A3 in size. To create this I used lots of Art Journaling techniques such as misting, doodling, stamping, painting and imprinting……..
I then chopped this background up so that I had several rectangles of the correct size to create the base of my ATC’s….
To finish I embellished my favorite backgrounds with lace, flowers, text and altered chipboard…..
…and this is the layout for one little boy who searches and finds a little of that magic day in, day out.
I created this layout based on the criteria for the January Week 2 Team Challenge on UKScrappers. For this challenge, we had to ensure we used ‘Something New’, ‘Something Old’ and ‘Bling’. My ‘Something Old’ was the doilie, lace, sizzix die (heart frame), music paper, patterned paper and letter stamps. My ‘Something New’ was the technique I used to create my organza flower. Although I have admired these flowers for a long time I have never actually dug out a candle and used this technique myself…but I love the flower I created and will certainly be making many more.
I fulfilled the ‘Bling’ element by putting diamantes in the centre of the flower and by adding diamante accents to the hearts.